The Blood Wind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enthiel Everblaze's Application [ ACCEPTED ]

4 posters

Go down

Enthiel Everblaze's Application [ ACCEPTED ] Empty Enthiel Everblaze's Application [ ACCEPTED ]

Post  Enthiel Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:12 am

Player Info

- Name: Jacob Askenbom

- Average Availability (Days,hours,etc): Varies. I'm busy making a machinima at the moment that requires a great deal of time. But, I should be available almost every day, around 3-5 hours per day.

- Availability for raids (please remember that raiding is not required!): In all honesty I'm not much for raiding. At least those dead-serious examples. Unpleasantly stressful. But, I believe I could be able to hop in from time to time. When it comes to availability, it's as high as my "Average Availability", but it can be reduced due to me almost loathing raids. I'm here for the RP.

Personal questions

Why do you want to join Bloodwind?: You were recommended by a fellow of mine. He was rambling on about different guilds for me to join, since I'm guildless after some inactivity (I decided to quit playing PvE, and with low RP in my guild, it became total inactivity), and he spoke of an event of yours, which he claimed was "great fun". I've not heard people grade any event that sicne... well, ever! So I am undoubtably willing to "try you out", so to speak.

Can you promise that you will stay loyal to the Guild, follow its rules, and respect its members?: Always has been, always will be. I'm unable to be rude or disrespectful, unless I willingly is attempting to give myself awful feelings of guilt.

Which Guild have you previously been in, and why did you leave them?: As previously stated, I was in a guild that I was kicked out of due to inactivity. And with right, I say, since they didn't hold any RP at all. No RP makes everybody sad.
The guild was The Secret Society.

Character Info

Name: Enthiel

Level: 80

Race: Blood elf

Class: Paladin

Role(DPS/Tank): Tank

Intended Talent Spend: Near all-out Protection. I'm currently specialized for a role in PvE, since I find PvP on Paladins extremely booooooooooooring. *yawn*

Character's [In-Character] Description(MIN 5 LINES):

Ever since the founding of Dalaran, Enthiel had been living there. He became reknowned for his studies about demons and how their biological compositions react, precisely, alongside divine magics, as well as his research into their hostile roaming grounds of the Nether, the Dark Beyond, and he even made some speculations about the infamous "Dark Below". Despite his successes, he never strived for higher grades or tasks, being fully happy doing what he did best, even though he was offered several times to join the maguses, and even rejected an offer to become an archmagus.

But all good things must come to an end, eventually, as we all know. One day, an archmagus barged into his office, and threw in his face a report describing how he was smuggling valuable information through the magical dome to the Horde. Enthiel stood fast in his innocence, and was thrown into costody in the Lordamere Internment Camp.

For him, it was an awful experience to sit there and await the day of his execution. Several of his human friends visited him regularily, and some even claimed they were planning to get him out of there by force, which in turn led to beatings by the guards if they'd accidentally overheard the discussion.

One night, two weeks before his execution, Enthiel had a rather turbulent nightmare, where a particular woman he was fond of, called An'taeva Swiftarrow, a runner employed by the magocrates, was his executioner. She decapitated his head before spitting on it, to then turn to kiss a well-built man, lacking face.
The violent emissions of anxiety must've been intercepted somewhere, either trhough time or space, for he awoke with a slender woman kneeling next to him dabbing his forehead. Before he could even ask her how she got past the guard she introduced herself.
Her name was Findormi, and she was a dragon. A bronze dragon, to be precise.
Her arrend, she told him, was to introduce to the elf a way to escape. She would infuse him with a small portion of her own power, with which he would determine the course of a great event in the future.
Enthiel was silent as he followed the woman to the door of the barrack, where she showed him what she had done to the guards. They didn't move a muscle, nor blick, and nor did they draw breath anymore. As he looked around, he saw a bird suspended in mid-air, and a leaf caught as it was falling from a tree.
She told him that she would instruct him to focus this ability. And before he could even open his mouth to utter the question she answered, "We have all the time we need".

After several years, but it could also have been one mere second, she left him, and claimed he was ready.
Time returned to its natural flow, and Enthiel realised that despite all this time, not an ounce had he missed, as he saw the leaf land sofly on the grass outside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that, he used his ability, which unfortunately was so weak that he couldn't freeze time enough to leave the camp, to smuggle out a number of letters with one of his friends, which offered a reward to the one that would free him in time. His friend was unfortunately ambushed on his way to Southshore by Forsaken raiders, and the letters were spread, seen as useless garbage, across Tarren Mill.
But a pair of eyes did find them interesting.

Soon enough, Enthiel suprisedly found that his rescuers were orcs, one sturdy and battleworn, the other filthy and rugged. As they moved him to safety, Enthiel felt something about the latter of the orcs, and he clearly did the same, since he quickly slipped away through a portal when the elf was put to safety. Enthiel then had a flashback, thanks to his newfound ability, which told him that that orc was responsible for the false charges filed against him, and revealed something that shook Enthiel deeply: the orc's master.

Since Enthiel without doubt was blacklisted in the cities of the Alliance by now as a Horde spy, he required that the remaining orc would take him to Orgrimmar.

As they approached the gates of Orgrimmar, something pulled Enthiel's mind due west of the gate, to a farm. Another vision revealed the filthy orc in an awful act that threatened Orgrimmar's security.
The sturdier orc had by now noticed that something was troubling Enthiel, and forced him to tell him what was going on.

Enthiel then proceeded and told him about the orc, Gvorogk, who had infiltrated an orcish tribe, called the Orcs of the Red Blade, in Orgrimmar. With him he brought the spirit of an infamous demon lord, called Balbeptis, who Enthiel though dead since long, who Gvorogk had managed to infuse into the body of one of the tribe's warriors.
The sturdy orc gasped and revealed that he was a member of the very same tribe, and hurried away to warn the tribe.

Weeks went, and since Enthiel didn't know the name of the warrior, he could only identify him by face, and one evening he did. It caused the demonlord and his apprentice to cause havoc in Orgrimmar, with warriors of the tribe desperately trying to force him down. In the end, they managed to force Balbeptis' spirit out of the warrior, but instead he retreated into Enthiel's own body. The orcs had no choice, and destroyed Enthiel, along with the spirit...
They thought.

Out of the shadows stepped a figure clad in crimson armor, who picked up Enthiel's body and put new life into him. He teleported them away from there, and unmasked himself as an agent of the Scarlet Crusade. Enthiel had never heard of the Crusade before, and didn't know about their horrible deeds, so he gladly accepted the man's offer to join the cause. He was trained in the ways of the Light, and learned to focus it into protective spells. Despite this, he soon realised something was amiss, and more than once the Crusaders were forced to cleanse his memories when he was in doubt. In the end, they found that he was becoming a burden, so they sent him to the Armory, where he was to be executed by Herod. When Enthiel found out what was truly going on, he found himself surrounded by zealots eager to claim his head, but help unexpectedly darted from the shadows in the form of an orcish captive. Together they managed to escape the Armory, and on the way out Enthiel managed to lay his hands on blessed armor, which accompanied him for a long time.

He managed to gain favor with the Argent Dawn, and rose in rank quickly. But since his training was made with teh Crusaders, he quickly fell to arrogance, and failed to upheld the Virtues of the Light. After the defense against the Scourge invasion, where he stood at the forefront of battle and fought off hordes of undead, walking out of it alive all thanks to his skill with protective spells and his ability to warp time, he was faced with an ultimatum: Straighten up or resign.

When the invasion of Northrend began, he was contacted by Findormi once more, and she told him that in accepting his gift, he was now a Dragonsworn, and that duty was to go before any other. She then commanded him to come to the Wyrmrest Temple. Enthiel knew that he had to, even though it was strictly against his current orders.

And alas, by helping the Wyrmrest Accord, he was forced to resign. This was a terrible blow to Enthiel, who lost any sense of purpose. Now he was no-one again. Among dragons he was an ant. He couldn't possibly feel like he could be of any help, and Findormi revealed that so also was the case. In order for him to do the right thing in the future, they had to know that he would choose the flight in front of himself, that the call had been but a test.
Infuriated, Enthiel left the Wyrmrest Accord, after dealing a devastating blow to Findormi as a response to her revalation, and flew back to Azeroth.

Now he is nothing more than scoundrel, lowlife. An alcoholized bum clad in broken armor, sitting in the gutter.

Character's reason for wishing to join Bloodwind: He strongly feels that he needs to contribute to a greater cause; to feel that he matters once more. He cannot find any compassion among the paladins of the Blood Knights, since he has washed away every ounce of dignity he had left, and as an ex-Paladin no longer with any power over the Light, he can only serve as a warrior. But with a renewed sense of purpose, he will shine brightly, I tell you, and he will serve, without question, without doubt, without fear, for he do not fear death anymore; duty is his life - battle is his purpose - the guild is his religion.

Enthiel

Back to top Go down

Enthiel Everblaze's Application [ ACCEPTED ] Empty Re: Enthiel Everblaze's Application [ ACCEPTED ]

Post  Veia Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Nice appliction! well just to inform you the guild leader is away for a few days but Gauth should be able to check this thread.

-Veia
Veia
Veia

Back to top Go down

Enthiel Everblaze's Application [ ACCEPTED ] Empty Re: Enthiel Everblaze's Application [ ACCEPTED ]

Post  Kograk Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Hello there Enthiel. As Veia said, I am indeed away but I've managed to get hold of a laptop here. Despite not having WoW installed on it, I can still visit the forums and gladly tell you that you have passed the Application part of the recruitment process and I'd like to be your assigned officer. Starting from Wednessday evening, whisper me ingame for more information!
Kograk
Kograk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreiara Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 am

your IC story is really amazing and i'm very glad to have another lvl 80 in the guild. i look forward to meet you during one of our events

Kreiara

Back to top Go down

Post  Enthiel Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:47 am

Well, thanks. Smile In fact, most of it has taken place in-game, so where the lines

"---------------------------------"

end, that's where the made-up story ends as well. The rest has been played out in-game, and none of it's been planned ahead. Surprised

Enthiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kograk Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Hey there Enthiel. You have been ACCEPTED. Welcome to the guild! Smile
Kograk
Kograk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down